Thursday, May 17, 2007

Motel livin'

Checked in to the Knight's Inn, Miamisburg (according to the receipt) or West Carrolton (according to the water tower right across the street.) Conveniently placed on I-75 in the same lot as a Perkins and a Bob Evans. Good eatin' guaranteed. And I spotted something else just down the road that I'll post later when I have a pic. A few antennae on cars in the lot here, even 15 miles outside of town. All the nearby hotels were filled weeks ago.

The room smells overpoweringly of soap/detergent/carpet cleaner. There is a 'fridge and an unplugged microwave and just enough outlets for all my gadgets and their chargers. The outlet nearest the desk is dead and my laptop died just as I was logging in. Argh. The lamp that was plugged in there has a broken switch, too.

I completely forgot I'd be on Eastern time here, so it's 6:30pm already. Despite this I made it to the 'fest on time and picked up my passes for tomorrow. I toured the grounds where people were already selling their junk, but haven't bought anything yet. I spotted a nice Vax 4000/600 that would fit nicely in the car, but the seller wasn't around to give me a price. Judging from his other prices ($25 for a Commodore 1541) I probably won't want it. I remember this guy from last year, though. I bought (and never used) a lot of glassware from him.

I have until 8pm to go back and drop off my stuff to sell, but I'd rather eat now and do that in the morning. All day I've eaten a blueberry muffin, some trail/fruit mix and a Power Bar. It's time for a real meal.

No comments: